Fair Housing Center Logo.
A family sitting on their porch steps.

Get Help

If you believe you have been the victim of housing discrimination, or you would like to run a situation by us/ask questions, please email complaints@fhcmichigan.org, call us at 877-979-3247, or fill out the form below. Please include a brief description of the activity or summary of the incident, along with your name and contact information.

We provide services to residents of Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe, Shiawassee, and Washtenaw Counties. For complaints outside our service area, check out our Related Resources page to find the FHC in your area.

What happens when a complaint is filed?

FHC staff will contact you to obtain additional information concerning your allegation or complaint of housing discrimination, and determine next steps with you. Information provided about allegations or complaints of housing discrimination will be kept confidential.

The Fair Housing Center will not report undocumented immigrants to law enforcement.

Retaliation is Illegal

A property owner cannot:

Any attempt to do so should be immediately reported to the FHC.

Report an Incident

Please provide a brief description of the discriminatory activity or summary of the incident(s).

Stay Informed

Subscribe to our e-newsletter to keep up to date on our cases, events, and other fair housing news.